Thursday 26 January 2017

That amazing moment

So you are in this amazing, stunning, unbelievable moment. The sky is lit with stars. The waves are glowing. The sand is cool. The sand is glistening. The ocean smell scintillates. The roaring waves hit your ears, almost musical. The ocean breeze is refreshing.
I often struggle with, is it worth it. I could watch a similar video, or see a similar image. Was it worth it, all the trouble to see it in person.
I think it is magnified. The experience magnifies the image. So it is worth it. I guess it is about the trouble:experience ratio. It is about what the experience makes you into.
I mean, looking at a beautiful image, i feel amazing. I wish to be a part of it. But being there, i feel...like this is going to be lost so soon. At least the image is forever.  Is it worth it again.
I am in it. It is amazing. Let me soak it in. Let me preserve this forever. Let me click a picture. It will be gone soon. It is gone.

I look at the picture. It brings back memories.

I look at somebody else's picture. I long to be in it. But why. So i can have the same picture? Why? Because i want to feel what that person in the picture feels.
But the person in the picture feels nothing really special. He is in his thoughts. He cannot believe he is there. He is experiencing the picture.

That is it. I wish to experience the picture. Why. To maginfy it. A photo never really does justice anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment