Friday 10 February 2017

Like a boss

Right so...i want to jump right to it. Just a little while ago i saved a life by intubating a rapidly desaturating young female. I made the assessment and the decisions. I gave the orders. Like a boss. It was an amazing feeling, amazing experience.
And talking to her family, eliciting her history was sad. So young and so on the verge of losing her life. God bless her.
Today was...good. Begun with some excitement. An inter-departmental fight. I was asked to do some detective work. Fun. Then a storm of chores came upon me. Delivery of books, delivery of home food, prep for icu, coordinating colleagues, pacs...all at once. But again i handled it like boss...like boss.
Then came a dull time. Icu work. It was...work...and i just don't find it fun, to try to figure out what is wrong with the patient but give the same treatment anyway. And it is not even not my primary job to find the wrong. I am an anesthesiologist. I like giving anesthesia, taking people under. You just don't see outcomes here. And so...
Interacting with people was fun. Being flirted with was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment