Monday 19 December 2016

Whirlwind

Trailed off into sleep world yesterday just as I was typing. Over 36 hours of activity, what did I expect.
I also took a step in the direction to improve daddy's health. I always get so caught up in work. And the nature of residency is such. But you know, it is about priorities and striking a balance. You decide, only you.
Seems like a whirlwind, the past...36 hours...especially for me, who needs a purge every 6 hours apparently.
Lets talk about right now. A break, is what I want. A break to have all my chores done, to be in a position to just binge watch tv for a whole day. Talk about balance! There are just to many things to do. I can't seem to put a finger on what I want. 
It feels great when you save a life. It was super exhausting to attend the icu call from the ot at 4 am. But the appreciation i received in return and the feeling of saving the patient made it worth while.
I took advantage of being a senior. And it felt good too.
I am also really glad with the way a handled my post call schedule by hitting to gym asap and then rejuvenating my body along with doing some chores. Although i would have loved to have more time to refresh my mind too.
One thing i realized, Dale Carnegie was so right. You have to be diplomatic and gentle in this world. Quarelling really doesn't cut it. I was pissed with the way some obgy surgeons talking and behaving yesterday and I kind of reflected it. But immediately regretted it.
Feeling stressed off late. Too much to do.
Which brings us to today and the sudden icu duty. I never liked icu duties for some reason. I think i associate it with nothing or time wastage.
I worry about how i am going to study.
I worry about losing oppurtunities.
I worry for daddy's health.
Surprisingly i don't worry about not finding love.

No comments:

Post a Comment