Sunday 1 March 2015

Can you be with yourself?


I wake up. I have things to do. Get ready. Work. Eat. Exercise. Watch TV. Chat. When we finally are by ourselves, we have our phones with us. Quickly, we escape into the gadget. Then after a while our batteries are drained. Yes, our's, along with the phone's. Lol. And it's time to sleep.
I wake up, again. You know what follows.
Have you ever tried spending time with yourself? Just being with yourself. Realizing and feeling the various sensations in your body. Acknowledging the thoughts that arise. Introspect a little may be? I've been giving myself some time lately. And let me tell you, it can be frightening to just be. No wonder, we escape into this and that.
You suddenly realize how receptive your body is to your mind. Tense thoughts, tense body. Relaxed thoughts, relaxed body.
Being with yourself reminds you of the pains and gains of the past, the longing for your desires in the future. You realize how very fragile and vulnerable you are. Not in a physical sense. But in a psychological sense.
But after being with me for sometime. After thinking, feeling, embracing, loving myself. I find that I have deepened the relationship, the most sacred relationship, between me and my body. I feel a sense of mattering and belonging. I feel inner peace.


Picture credit - http://www.truthinsideofyou.org/digest-inner-peace-yoga-meditation/

No comments:

Post a Comment