Monday 2 March 2015

Blue Memories

Don't be fooled by title. I'm talking about 'Blue' memories. 'Blue' - the English band. And I have the most fond Blue memories. It would not be an exaggeration to say that it was their music that truly got me into music.
I remember my friends saying, "You have to check these songs out! Here, we'll sing some for you." And they sung 'All Rise'. It did not sound good at all. Lol. They weren't 'singers'. But I did listen to the track. And man, was I hooked. Not only was it great music. It was four hot guys singing great music. I swore 'Blue' would be my favorite band forever and ever and ever.
One listen to 'One Love' now, and I'm transported back to my childhood. Replaying the song ruthlessly, knowing every ahh and ooh of the song, dreaming of meeting them someday. Damn, those were the days.
I'm talking about music from about a decade ago. Compare that to the music now and I feel just sad. How the trends change!
The things we experience while growing up stay with us forever. They are the things we'll love or hate forever. I'm pretty sure kids today will say how amazing the music from 2015 was compared to 2025. Just like I'm saying how amazing the 2004 music was compared to 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment