Thursday 12 February 2015

Vacations do not bore me!


All us medical students who embarked on the journey to pursue post-graduation were on a rough road for almost a year, if not more. It was a period of time when doing anything other than studying felt like a crime. At least to me, it did. Well anyway, after an insanely long time, that period of my life is now over. I am officially on vacation now.
What surprises me is how easily I fell into it! It is almost like that torturous period is a distant memory. Waking up late which was once a rare luxury, is now routine. But I realize how treasured this is. I wish everyone who gets it values it too. It's little things in life that we need to realize and be thankful for. What's the point of just existing and getting into routine after routine. As Stacie Orrico said, "there's gotta be more to life than chasing down every temporary high." God I love that song. *goes and plays it*
I don't why I got around to writing this spiritual shit. This is not what I intended to write about. Hehe.
What I wanted to say was - vacations do not bore me. I know a tonne of people who say, "I'm getting bored", "there's nothing to do", "i need to find something to do". It's crazy but I have never had this 'problem'. Am I weird to not have it?
I have SO many things I want to do, things I want to learn. I've have lists full of them. And I was just itching to do them. I don't have time, I have so many things to do in vacations.
In fact, the problem I face is that I don't want to over work myself because this is vacation and who knows when I'll be able sleep and relax again. It scares me a little that I'm different like this. If you're different like this too, tell me!
I think this boils down to my childhood. In school or even until early college, I wasn't 'allowed' to go out much. It's crazy how our upbringing defines us. So anyway, I relied on other stuff for entertainment, I was always looking for things to do back then. And now they've just become a part of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment