Tuesday 3 February 2015

Dissing 'All India Bakchod' for the wrong reasons?


Ok, if you think I'm here to chastise the recent AIB (All India Bakchod) roast for its foul language and vulgar jokes, then you're wrong. I'm quite okay with it, in fact. It is entertaining. Period. I am here to express my sorrow at the unceasing degradation of the entertainment we are exposed to.  It is just sad that the world today needs such a shallow form of entertainment. Sad that people needed to be abused for the sake of entertainment.

The best word to describe this roast was awkward. People putting on faces of laughter when it was so clear that underneath they were all like, "Wtf man, shut up already." It was so fucking apparent that they were all fake laughing there.

Making fun of others to extremely inappropriate personal levels, using filthy words, oh and not to mention obscene gestures. All these things generate publicity and that's all that matters, right? But is not heart breaking?

I recently came across this knowledge that after spending our time on work, sleep and other routine activities, we barely have some 3-4 hours to ourselves. Precious time which can be used to develop our hobbies or learn new skills. Precious time to be with ourselves, talk to our families, meditate may be. Precious time to move closer to our dreams. But we choose to spend it watching TV. And now the entertainment industry is selling the cheapest kind it has. I hope we can agree that Indian TV today showcases too much shallowness. And this both saddens and scares me.
The youth is so fucked up thanks to all this. They don't even have the awareness that watching this shit is screwing them.

I hope reading this stirs something in you and keeps you from this using shows like these for pleasure.

PS. I had a headache midway through watching this and also I didn't get many of the jokes. And I also know I'm not the only one.



4 comments:

  1. Completely agree with you. So many of the 'jokes' were sexist and homophobic. On one hand standing up against violence against women, and on the other, making rape jokes. Talk about hypocrisy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you think its cheap, then your father is more cheap because he fucked your mom and gave birth to another cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when did i say its cheap? kindly read the post.

      Delete