Sunday 23 April 2017

Romanticizing

I have come to believe that romanticizing is important in life. Anything and everything, you romanticize, and bang! It becomes beautiful. Think about it.
Today here I am, on a boring ICU duty. I hate it. I don't know what to do. I have never liked ICU duties. The patients are new to me. I have no connection with them or their diagnoses or their treatment. The ones I know, I love looking after them. But otherwise, which is mostly the case, I hate it.
So, I am sitting in the doctor's room, bored and lost.
But then I picture things like this, a beautiful girl, sitting in the doctor's room. Put on some sad piano score in the background. Watch her through the window as she turns on her laptop to do some studying or surfing. What a wonderful life she has. A killer career, youth, intelligence, love of family and friends...you name it. A scene out of a movie, no?
Change the perspective, romanticize, and life is magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment